The world evolved from barter to money, where goods could be bought with money. Anything of value was treated as money in the barter system, but matching the needs of two parties was difficult.
Money replaced the barter system and gave a standard allowing people to buy anything they want without matching the need of other parties involved in the transaction.
With further advancement, the banking system was introduced where the financial institutions called banks would be the custodian of public money.
There were several financial instruments introduced for the convenience of people. It includes checks, money orders, cashier’s checks, etc.
As the world advanced, paper money and financial instruments were replaced by digital banking. We can’t say that digital banking has fully replaced paper money and financial instruments.
However, it would be safe to say that digital instruments and banking is more popular choice than otherwise.
The new generation mostly relies on digital banking, so they often don’t know about using traditional financial instruments. In today’s article, we will talk about money orders.
Specifically, we will discuss whether QuikTrip stores sell and purchase customer money orders.
So, let’s get into it.
- Money orders are an alternative to cash and do not bounce like checks.
- QuikTrip stores sell money orders from Western Union.
- Money orders can be purchased at the cash counter of the nearest QuikTrip store.
- Cash is required to purchase money orders at QuikTrip; debit cards, credit cards, and gift cards are not accepted.
- The fee for buying money orders at QuikTrip ranges from $1.50 to $3.00.
- There are restrictions on the maximum value of money orders that can be purchased in a single day.
- Money orders from QuikTrip can be tracked through Western Union’s customer service.
- Money orders cannot be cashed at QuikTrip; they must be at authorized retail stores or post offices.
- QuikTrip also cashes certain types of checks, such as payroll, tax refunds, insurance claims, and government-issued checks.
- QuikTrip accepts cash as the only form of payment for their financial services.
- Money orders are generally cheaper than cashier’s checks, ranging from $0.35 to $2.00.
What Is Quiktrip?
Quiktrip is an American company that is formally registered as The QuikTrip Corporation. It is a chain of convenience stores based and headquartered in Tulsa, Oklahoma, United States.
The store’s chain operates in the Western, Midwestern, and Southern United States.
Burt Holmes and Chester Cadieux founded The company on September 25, 1958. The company was ranked among the 100 Best Companies to Work For.
Besides, the company also got highlighted in 2006 as No. 21 among mid-size companies on Fortune’s Top 100 List.
The services of the store chain include convenience stores, gas stations, and fast food. The products at convenience stores include coffee, prepared foods, beverages, dairy products, salads, hoagies, gasoline, etc.
Currently, over 24000 employees are working at almost 1000 locations of QuikTrip.
Money Orders Vs Checks
Money orders are the popular cash equivalent that became common after the 1850s among the Civil War soldiers who were away from home.
However, the advancement brought new financial tools and instruments for the convenience of the people.
Credit and debit cards are currently popular for customers, but money orders and checks might not be as common as cards.
And sometimes, people come to buy money orders from the Rite Aid store locations. Therefore, we have to make it clear why money orders are used for making payments and how they differ from checks.
The main difference between money orders and checks is that money orders are often used as an alternative to cash as they do not bounce like checks.
The money orders are purchased with cash or card; you can use them to clear your payments.
Yet another difference between money orders and checks is that you need a bank account to write checks, but a bank account is not necessary for buying money orders.
Does Quiktrip Do Money Orders?
If you’re wondering if QuikTrip does money orders or not, here is the answer to this question:
Yes! QuikTrip does money orders from Western Union. The store chain is authorized to sell money orders from Western Union.
You can visit the nearest QuikTrip store location and get the money order by paying cash.
Where To Purchase Quiktrip Money Orders?
If you want to purchase the money orders from Western Union, you can visit any nearest QuikTrip store and ask for the money order at the register.
The personnel present at the counter will assist you with filling out the money order and other details related to the purchase.
How To Purchase Money Orders From Quiktrip?
You know where you need to go in order to purchase the money order from QuikTrip. However, you must be wondering about the process of purchasing a money order.
So here is a step-by-step guide to help you know how to purchase the money order:
- Visit the cash counter of the nearest QuikTrip store and ask the staff about the money order purchase.
- You must be carrying cash to be able to purchase the money order. Once you have explained your money order requirements to the staff, you will need to pay the cash for the money order value and the fee.
- The next step is to fill out the money order by adding information like payee, purchaser, amount, etc.
- Once you have received the money order, you can mail it in the name of the payee or give it to any person you want to.
Fee To Buy Money Order From Quiktrip
You will need to pay a fee for buying money orders from QuikTrip or any other convenience store. We can also call it the cost of purchasing a money order.
You should be clear about it that the fee of buying a money order is separate from the face value mentioned on a money order.
The fee for buying money orders at QuikTrip is between $1.50 and $3.00. The fee for a money order worth $300 or less will be $1.50, and that of a money order worth $500 will be $3.
So if you’re purchasing two money orders of $300, it will cost you $3; if you purchase a single order of $500, you will have to pay $3.
Similarly, if you purchase a money order worth $1000, you will have to pay $3 for every $500 order.
Money Order Limits
Certain restrictions and limits exist on the maximum value of money orders a person can purchase or the money orders that can be purchased in a single day at QuikTrip.
In the past, the QT money orders had a maximum limit of purchasing worth $950 money orders per day by a person.
However, the limits have increased, and you can now purchase money orders worth $1000 or less daily.
Note: You must consider one thing before you visit the QT store to purchase a money order. The store only accepts cash for money orders, and you can’t use debit cards, credit cards, or gift cards to purchase money orders at QT.
How To Track Your Money Order From Quiktrip?
If you want to track the money order purchased from QuikTrip, you will need to track it from Western Union.
You will need to call on the customer service of Western Union and track the transaction history by providing the details of the money order.
The number for contacting customer service is as follows:
What are the Advantages of Getting Money Orders From Quiktrip?
Advantages of Getting Money Orders From QuikTrip:
- Convenient: QuikTrip stores throughout the United States provide easy access to purchase money orders.
- Inexpensive: The fee to purchase a money order from QuikTrip is typically around $1.50, offering a cost-effective option compared to wire transfers and other methods of sending money.
- Safe: Money orders from QuikTrip are a secure way to send money as they are fully funded and cannot bounce like a check.
- Private: Money orders purchased from QuikTrip do not include your bank account or routing numbers, ensuring the protection of your personal information.
- Widely Accepted: Money orders from QuikTrip are accepted by many businesses and organizations, making them a convenient payment method for bills, rent, and various expenses.
What are the Disadvantages of Getting Money Orders From Quiktrip?
Disadvantages of Getting Money Orders From QuikTrip:
- Fee: The fee to purchase a money order from QuikTrip is typically around $1.50, slightly higher than some other retailers.
- Maximum amount: The maximum amount that can be purchased in a single money order at QuikTrip is $1,000, which is lower than the limit some other retailers offer.
- Only some locations: QuikTrip locations offer money order services, so it is essential to check beforehand if the specific location provides this service.
- Can be lost or stolen: Money orders, like any other form of payment, can be lost or stolen, requiring careful handling and protection.
- Can be used in scams: Money orders are occasionally utilized in scams, so it is crucial to be aware of the risks associated with sending or receiving them and exercise caution.
Can You Cash Money Orders At Quiktrip?
No, you can’t bring your money orders from QuikTrip or other convenience stores to cash at QuikTrip store.
The convenience store only facilitates customers who want to purchase money orders against cash from the QT.
You must visit any authorized retail store with the facility to cash the money orders. Besides, you can also visit the local post offices to cash your money orders.
Can you get a money order at QuikTrip?
Yes, you can get a money order at QuikTrip, and the store chain is authorized to sell Western Union money orders.
You can visit any location of QuikTrip to purchase money orders from Western Union.
Does Quiktrip cash checks?
Yes, you can cash the guaranteed checks at the nearest Quiktrip store and get the money. The types of checks that can be cashed at Quiktrip include payroll, tax refund, insurance claims, cashier’s, government-issued checks, etc.
What forms of payment does Quiktrip accept?
You will need to carry cash when visiting Quiktrip for their financial services as the store only accepts cash whether purchasing money orders or other financial services.
Which is cheaper, a money order or a cashier’s check?
The cost of a money order is less than a cashier’s check. The cost of money orders ranges between $0.35 and $2.00.
Whereas the price of cashier’s checks is relatively higher, making them less attractive than money orders.