FedEx Office provides online notary services 24/7 and throughout the year. You can get notary services easily and at a competitive cost too.
Let’s discuss what document notarization is and the notary services offered by FedEx Office online.
What is Document Notarization?
A notary public (an authorized person) certifies the authenticity of a legal document through notarization. The certification is performed for the signatures of the document owner as well as the genuineness of the document.
A notary public in each state is a qualified and authorized person by state laws. The process makes sure that the legal document examined is trusted and authentic.
In most cases, the notarization of a document is a legal requirement.
What Can Documents be Notarized?
You can notarize different types of legal documents. Most of these documents are ownerships or entitlements of the document holders.
Some commonly notarized documents include:
- Wills, Trusts, Deeds
- Advance directive forms
- Power of Attorney documents
Not all of these documents can be notarized online, though. FedEx Office also does not notarize all types of documents.
Some legal documents that are restricted from online notarization include:
- Documents Intended for Use Outside the United States
- Form I-9 (Employment Eligibility form)
- Marriage Certificates
- Wills, Codicils & Testamentary Trusts
- Documents in which the notary is named or has a beneficial interest
- Tampered documents
Types of Notary Services – The Notarial Act
Depending on state laws, you can get one of these three types of notarization services from a notary public.
It is the process to verify signatures on a legal document such as a power of attorney, trust, or the ownership of a valuable asset.
In this process, the signer appears in person before the notary public to verify the authenticity of the document’s signatures. It is an additional confirmation on top of the acknowledgment for a legal document.
It is the process of legally verify the copy of a legal document is authentic and genuine. It is conducted to avoid tampered or forged documents.
Notary Services at FedEx Office
FedEx provides notarization services for different types of legal documents. The notary public examines the documents online and performs the attestation on a printed version of your documents sent online.
FedEx has discontinued its in-store notarization services and, ever since, has shifted to online notary services.
However, you can always visit a FedEx branch for guidance on the process or after receiving the services for further clarification.
FedEx Office’s notary public agents offer these services in compliance with the local state laws that commission them to notarize legal documents.
These laws may vary by state, though and not all types of legal documents can be notarized through FedEx online.
What Do You Need to Get Notarization at FedEx Office?
Since you can only use the online services of FedEx for notarization, you do not need to send the original documents.
You’ll need a few things to obtain online notary services from FedEx Office.
- The document must be notarized (not only the pages where a stamp is required).
- A valid photo ID.
- The social security number of the applicant will be confirmed during the call.
- A device with audio and video capabilities for online interaction with the notary public.
The notary public will verify your identity first, then your sent documents will be scanned for further examination.
Once verified, the notary public will proceed with the notarization, and you’ll get a notarized copy of these documents in minutes.
How to Get Notary Services from FedEx Office?
You can get legal documents notarized from the FedEx Office services online in minutes as the service is available 24/7 and 365 days a.
Follow these simple steps to get your documents notarized.
- Upload the legal documents or take clear photos for easy sharing with the notary public from the FedEx Office online.
- You’ll be redirected to the ID verification online system to prove your identity. Keep a photo ID with you.
- Then, an online notary public will attend your case via video call. The notary public will first verify your identity and then the documents.
- The notary public will then electronically notarize the documents.
- You’ll get an electronic version of the notarized documents in minutes.
Always upload only the relevant documents that can be notarized at FedEx. Check the list of documents that can be notarized before uploading them or ask for help from a FedEx customer services agent.
If you have a cosigner for the document, you must be present online in the same session. Otherwise, both cosigners can get an attestation from the notary public separately.
Either way, the legal status of the notarization will remain intact, and you’ll be able to use the document anywhere without any issues.
How to Schedule an Appointment at a FedEx Branch?
You do not need to schedule an appointment at a FedEx branch to get your document notarized. There is no in-person notary service on offer.
You can get notary services from FedEx online only. These services are offered in cooperation with “notarize.com.” You can use the FedEx link to get these online services and rates set by FedEx.
What is the Cost of Document Notarization at the FedEx Office?
The cost of notarization per document is $25, and an additional seal will be charged to you at $10 each.
The total charges depend on the number of pages you want notarized and the number of stamps required on each page.
Some applicants may require additional copies that will be charged differently by FedEx.
Can You Notarize Documents In-Person at a FedEx Branch?
No, FedEx does not offer in-person notary services currently. The only way to obtain notarization from them is via their online platform.
You can visit any FedEx store if you need any help regarding the notary services. Also, you may visit a branch once you get the notarization services for printing and mailing services.
The FedEx service agents can also help you understand the notarization process and let you compare the cost before obtaining the service.
Pros and Cons of Using FedEx Office for Notarization
Let us briefly discuss some key benefits and limitations of using FedEx Office notary services.
- It is an online notarization service that saves time and hassle.
- You can get the notarization of documents in minutes, 24/7, and 365 days a year.
- The process is convenient and legal.
- The pricing for FedEx is competitive among other online notary services.
- You can get additional services from the same service provider, including printing, mailing, packaging, etc.
- You cannot get in-person notary services from FedEx Office.
- If there are cosigners for a document, both of them must be present at the same online session, or they must notarize the same document twice.
- Although the cost of notarization is competitive, it is still higher as compared to other online notary services.
- You may not get the notary services for all types of documents online.
Alternatives to FedEx Office for Notary Services
The FedEx Office online notary service is a convenient option for you. However, several other notary services are available if you are looking for an alternative.
- Banks, insurance agents, real estate agents.
- UPS Stores
- Public libraries.
- Courthouses, Law Office.
- AAA stores
- Some money transfer agent locations.
- Other online notary services like notarize, OneNotary, etc.
Compare the cost and types of documents notarized by each service provider to avoid inconvenience.