Avant credit card is a credit card for every kind of financial journey. It is an affordable option for people who want to build their credit because of its no deposit, reasonable annual fee, and higher-than-average starting credit limit.
With an easy application process and no hidden fees, using the Avant credit card is the best way to boost your credit score. Let’s discuss the process of applying for a card.
The application process for the Avant credit card is super easy. All you need to do is fill out the application form on their website to check out your eligibility. The form would require the last four digits of your social security number and the zip code of your area of residence.
Once submitted, Avant would take up to two business days to view your application and make a decision. If approved, you will receive your Avant credit card within 7-10 business days.
Avant Credit card login:
For online banking, you can log in at Avant’s official website by clicking on the “Login” option on the top right corner and entering your username and password. This link will lead to the login screen.
If you require assistance at any stage of the application, while using the card, or even to complain, Avant’s customer support team is ready to help you anytime.
You can go to the “Support” menu on Avant’s official website and look at the various options to contact the customer support team or click on this link:
For email, simply fill out the given form on the webpage and make sure to select the “Avant credit card” option when it asks you to “select a product”.
After typing your message, click send. If you prefer speaking to a support team representative, call 855-752-7012 and follow the operator’s directions.
Customers can cancel their Avant credit card anytime they wish by contacting a customer specialist at 1-855-AVANTCARD.
Customers are required to pay any required balance. Also, there may be trailing authorizations or payment return processes after closing the account.
All information can be accessed by contacting the agent handling your account’s closing process.
Further, it’s important to note that there are certain advantages of using an Avant credit card that includes but are not limited to the followings.
- Fast and easy application process. So, you don’t need to wait long for the application approval.
- No deposit is required. It means you do not need to pay an initial deposit.
- No hidden fees. It means you can forecast credit charges with higher accuracy.
- Late fees are only up to 39 dollars.
- No penalty APR.
- Reports to all three major credit bureaus. So, if you pay on a timely basis, it helps to improve your credit score.
- Periodic reviews for credit line increases. So, if you remain in compliance with the regulations of the credit card company, you get a periodic increase in the credit limit.
- Build credit score consistently.
- Convenient bill payment online and by calling
- MasterCard identity theft protection
- No foreign transaction fee charged
- Avant credit card gives you a mobile app to manage your credit. So, all of your balances, and transactions can be monitored and traced with the app.
Disadvantages of opting for Avant credit card:
Following are some of the disadvantages of the Avant credit card.
- Relatively low credit limits –The maximum credit limit is $1,000, below what other secured credit cards offer, mostly in the range of $1.500-$2,500.
- No extra benefits – The Avant credit card does not offer extra card benefits like travel extras or discounts. There are also no rewards on the card so users can not earn points, miles or cash back on purchases.
- Issues with customer service –Customer support is not up to par with similar companies in the industry. Avant’s customer support is only available for selected hours.
- Annual fee –The Avant credit card charges an annual of 59 dollars and a late fee of up to $39. So although you avoid an initial deposit fee, an annual fee is still charged on your Avant credit card.
There are different ways to make a payment for the Avant credit card as discussed below.
- Pay by online account – You need three things to make credit card payments using the online account. These include bank account numbers, credit card numbers, and bank routing numbers. Get all of this detail in hand and log in to your account. Once you log in, there is a payment section; when you select it, the screen pops up to make a payment. It’s important to note that you can pay as a guest without logging in to your account. However, you will need social security number and billing zip code additionally. The online account can be accessed with this link.
- Pay by phone – Paying by phone is easier as you can contact customer support for confirmation purposes and if you are facing any problem. You will need a credit card, bank account, and routing number to make payment by phone. Just call 800-952-6133 and follow the voice menu, enter your account number and opt to make a payment. Keep following automated prompts to ensure secured payment.
- Pay by mail – Write the check or money gram for the payment due, for payment reference purposes, include payment coupon, and dispatch at the official address of the Avant credit card at PO Box 1429, Carol Stream, IL 60132-1429.
However, please note that payment by mail is slower and can lead to a late penalty if you are close to the due date. So, this option is better if the due date is far away.
Avant, formerly known as AvantCredit, is a private financial technology company based in Chicago, Illinois. It was established in 2012 by serial entrepreneurs Albert Goldstein, John Sun, and Paul Zhang.
The company’s mission is to help its customers move financially forward by making it easier for them to reach their goals with the right tools and solutions.
The credit card does not require an initial deposit. So, it can be a good tool to build your credit score if payment is made on time. Hence, it’s a place where the journey towards a healthy credit card starts.
Avant is a credit card company that offers credit card facilities to customers. The company does not require deposits. However, you need to make the payment for an annual fee.
The overall process for the credit card application is easy, does not have a hidden fee, provides an increase in pro-active credit limits, monitors your transactions, and you can get fast replies from the customer support service.
The Avant card has a fast approval process, one million plus customers, and $6.5 million plus borrowed by the customers.
However, there are some disadvantages with the Avant like relatively low credit limits, no extra incentives for buying using an Avant credit card, slow response from the customer supports etc.
However, using an Avant card gives you more control over financing matters. For instance, you can use the app provided by the Avant card. You can track overall transactions and the balances in the liability.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much credit score should I have to be eligible for the Avant credit card?
The Avant credit card is for people with “fair” credit scores that are looking to repair or build their credit. A score of at least 580 is needed to be qualified for the Avant credit card.
Is the Avant credit card a MasterCard or visa?
The Avant credit card is a Master card with broad worldwide acceptance. No foreign transaction fee is charged, making it a money saver while traveling abroad.
How do I check my Avant credit card balance?
Users can check their Avant credit card balance and activity by logging into their account on Avant’s official website or by calling 855-752-7012 and following the prompts to have the automated system read the current balance on their Avant credit card.
Can I make transactions before my credit card arrives?
Yes, users can make online transactions by using their virtual credit card before their credit card arrives through mail.
How do I pay my Avant credit card bill?
The easiest way to pay your bill is by doing so online through the Avant website. Users can also pay their bill by calling customer support or by mailing a check or money order at the address: Avant, LLC PO BOX 1429, Carol Stream, IL 60132-1429.
Can I use my Avant credit card anywhere?
Yes, the Avant credit card can be used anywhere a MasterCard is accepted.
Does Avant Credit card have a monthly fee?
No, there is no monthly fee, and no initial fee or deposit is needed for the Avant credit card. However, there is an annual fee of $59.
If you have poor credit or problematic credit history and want to build your credit score, the Avant credit card is a good alternative to secured credit card options. However, you need a certain credit score to qualify for this credit card.