In today’s world, people from all professions find it hard to function financially without credit cards. Not only do they pay their utility bills from their credit cards, but they also make high-ticket purchases through them.
However, not every person is lucky enough to carry a few or multiple credit cards in their wallets.
To acquire a credit card, you must have a good credit history. The approval of credit cards depends on your creditworthiness.
Many reputable banks or credit card companies issue credit cards only to people with high credit scores.
Does this mean students or people with low credit scores cannot enjoy the perks and benefits of credit cards?
Absolutely not. Fortunately, a few banks or credit card issuers do not turn the credit card application of people with low credit scores.
The Web Bank is one of those banks that facilitates a path to credit for those having bad credit scores. The Oportun Credit Card issued by Web Bank is currently making a lot of buzz on the Internet. People cannot stop searching the Internet for more information about this immensely popular credit card.
Do you fall into a similar category? Look no more. We have prepared an ultimate guide for you to learn everything about Oportun Credit Card!
- You can easily log in to your Oportun Credit Card through a desktop at Oportun Credit Card’s official website.
- Paying your Oportun Credit card bill is quite simple. You can pay it online, by mail, or by phone at 833 676 7886.
- If you are facing any issues or want to cancel your Oportun Credit Card, call 855 613 0070 or 833 676 7886 to reach its customer support.
Overview of Oportun Loan Company
Oportun is a reputable loan company that offers credit card services and personal loans to low and moderate-income applicants with limited or no credit card history.
Oportun believes that access to credit, great service, and affordable rates should not only be limited to people with high credit scores.
To bring a great change, Oportun has dedicated its credit cards and personal loans to people with low credit scores.
Oportun was founded in 2005, and since then, it has disbursed more than 5.6 million loans and credit cards to people looking for a way to build or rebuild their credit scores.
Oportun Credit Card
While there are gazillions of credit card options for people with low credit scores, Oportun Credit Card still stands out. Not only is it easy to acquire, but it also comes with great features and specifications. The Oportun Credit Card targets those with no credit history or bad credit scores.
Although it resembles other credit cards considering its low annual fee and decent starting credit limit ($300 to $1,000), it does have one distinguishing feature – not requiring a Social Security number or bank account to qualify.
Therefore, it is undoubtedly a great credit card option for immigrants in the US who have not gotten their social security number or have no credit history.
If you have a driver’s license, passport, or any other form of ID, it will be enough for you to acquire an Oportun Credit Card.
Features and Specifications of Oportun Credit Card
Here are a few features and specifications of the Oportun Credit Card:
No Security Deposit is Required
The Oportun Credit Card is one of the unsecured credit cards. Therefore, it does not require a security deposit to qualify. However, the cardholders will have to pay annual charges to enjoy that privilege.
Decent Credit Card Limit
The Oportun Credit Card offers a decent starting credit card limit of up to $1,000. Like any other credit card, your credit limit with the Oportun Credit Card depends on your creditworthiness. However, the credit card limit can be increased over time.
The Oportun will conduct regular reviews to determine your eligibility for a credit limit increase.
Oportun Credit Card comes with a high APR of up to 29.90%. Many credit cards aimed at beginners charge a high-interest rate. Therefore, the key to avoiding a high-interest rate is to pay your bills on time and in full every month, as then you will never owe the company any interest.
Reports to Three Credit Bureaus
The Oportun Credit Card payments will be reported to three reputable credit bureaus – TransUnion, Experian, and Equifax. These companies will record the information to keep track of your credit score. It is a great feature for people looking to build their credit score.
Having a credit history recorded by three reputable credit bureaus will make it easier for other lenders to determine how likely you are to return what you borrow. Therefore, if you want to build your credit history, applying for Oportun Credit Card is the perfect choice for you.
Like other credit cards, Oportun Credit Card offers a few reward programs. The cardholders can earn many rewards on purchases anywhere Oportun Credit Card is accepted.
How to Register Your Oportun Credit Card Online?
If you want to access your Oportun Credit Card online, you must register it on the official website of Oportun. Not sure how to begin the registration process? Follow the steps mentioned below:
- Go to the Oportun Credit Card official website.
- Click on the “Login” button at the website’s top right. You will be automatically directed to the login page.
- Click on the “Create Online Account” option to proceed further.
- Enter the required information, such as your phone number, date of birth, and first name.
- After entering all the details, click the “Register” button to create your Oportun Credit Card account.
How to Log in to Your Oportun Credit Card Account?
If you want to access your Oportun Credit Card account online, you can easily do that through your desktop by following these steps:
- Go to Oportun Credit Card’s official website.
- Click on the “Login” button on the top right of the site to get directed to the login page.
- Select “Credit Card Login” from the drop-down menu, and you will to directed to the credit card’s login area.
- Enter your username and password in the required fields and click on the green “Login” button to proceed further.
- If your login credentials are valid, you will be directed to your Oportun Credit Card account.
How to Make Your Oportun Credit Card Payments?
Do you wonder how to pay your Oportun Credit Card bill? Oportun has made it easier for cardholders to pay their credit card bills by offering multiple payment methods.
For your convenience, here are a few payment methods for clearing your Oportun Credit Card bill with step-by-step instructions:
Online Mode of Payment
You can pay your Oportun Credit Card bill online without leaving the comfort of your house. Not sure how to do that? Follow the steps mentioned below:
- Log in to your Oportun credit card account.
- Go to the “Payment” section and enter your billing information.
- After entering all the details required, click on the “Pay” button to finish the payment process.
If you have not registered your Oportun Credit Card online, you can still pay your credit card bill without leaving the comfort of your house. Not sure how to do that? Dial 833 676 7886 to reach Oportun’s credit card service.
Follow the steps mentioned below to pay your Oportun Credit Card bill by phone:
- Once you reach Oportun’s customer support representative, you will have to mention to them that you want to pay your credit card bill over the phone.
- The customer support agents will inquire about your account and payment details.
- After getting all the necessary details, the customer support agent will make your payment and provide you with a confirmation number.
- Store the confirmation number safely to avoid any inconvenience in the future.
If you want to pay your Oportun Credit Card bill through the mail, you can do that too. All you need to do is write a check or money order of the payable amount and send it to the following mailing address along with the payment coupon:
PO Box 561240
The Colony, TX 75056
How to Contact Oportun Credit Card Customer Support?
If you are facing any issues with your Oportun Credit Card, the wiser decision would be to take help from its customer support. Are you wondering how to reach Oportun Credit Card customer support? Here are a few methods to contact Oportun Credit Card customer support:
Contact By Phone
Dial 855 613 0070 or 833 676 7886 to reach Oportun Credit Card customer support. However, the customer support agents will only be available from 8 am to 8 pm (Mon -Fri) and 9 am to 7 pm (Sat and Sun).
Contact By Messaging
You can send messages to Oportun Bot at 650 425 3419 or write to them at [email protected].
Contact By Mail
You can also mail them to PO Box 4085 Menlo Park, CA 94026.
How to Cancel Your Oportun Credit Card?
If you want to cancel your Oportun Credit Card, you can call customer support service at 833 676 7886 and ask the customer support agent to cancel your card.