While there are gazillions of online banking options, it has become quite difficult for people to choose the right one for themselves that meets their needs the best. However, unfortunately, people with bad credit situations are stuck with limited options.
Only a few banks are there to provide financial services to people with bad credit card histories. In recent times, Merrick Bank has become immensely popular among people for all the right reasons.
Merrick Bank is the perfect choice for you if you want a credit card or personal loan despite your bad credit history. It is one of the most reputable banks that offers plenty of credit card options to people looking to build or rebuild their credit.
However, many people are still not familiar with how Merrick Bank’s credit card works. Do you fall into a similar category? Read this article to learn more about Merrick Bank credit cards!
- You can easily log in to your Merrick Bank account through a desktop at Merrickbank.com or Merrick Bank Mobile App for Apple and Android Devices.
- Sending a Merrick Bank Credit Card payment is quite simple. You can pay it online, via mail, or by phone at (800) 204-5936.
- If you are facing any issues with your credit card, call 1-800-204-5936 for Merrick Bank credit card customer support.
- To cancel your Merrick credit card, call (800) 204-5936 or send a written request to Merrick Bank, P.O. Box 9201, Old Bethpage, NY, 11804-9001.
Merrick Bank Overview
Merrick Bank was established in 1997. However, its popularity skyrocketed in recent times. Currently, Merrick Bank is serving more than 1.5 million cardholders. Unlike others, Merrick Bank does not only provide credit cards and personal loans to people with good credit histories but also to people with bad credit situations.
Merrick Bank is insured by the Federal Insurance Corporation (FDIC) and is currently one of the major issuers of Visa cards. Therefore, the legitimacy of Merrick Bank is guaranteed. The online-only Merrick bank has its services focused on customers with bad credit scores.
Therefore, if you are looking for a reputable bank for building or rebuilding your credit, consider exploring Merrick Bank’s credit card options.
Merrick Bank Credit Cards
Do you wonder how many credit cards are offered by Merrick Bank and what are their features and specifications? For your better understanding, the types of Merrick Bank credit cards are listed below, along with their features:
Platinum Visa Credit Card
Merrick Bank’s platinum Visa credit card is specially designed for people with lower credit scores to help them establish or rebuild their credit.
The Platinum Visa credit card comes with the biggest claim that Merrick Bank will help the cardholder increase their credit line by reviewing their account regularly. However, Merrick Bank charges a Platinum Visa credit cardholder a high APR without offering any rewards or added benefits.
Besides charging a high APR, cardholders will also be charged set-up and maintenance fees based on their creditworthiness, such as:
- The cardholder will be charged a $0 to $72 annual fee in the first year
- The cardholder will be charged $0 to $75 by Merrick Bank as an account set-up fee.
Secured Visa Credit Cards
Merrick Bank offers two secured Visa credit cards with the same terms – Secured Visa Credit Card and Double Your Line Secured Visa Credit Card. However, unlike Platinum Visa Cards, secured cards come with a credit limit of upto $200 (initial security deposit).
With both cards, your account is reviewed periodically to see if you are eligible for a credit line increase without any additional security deposit.
If you are approved for a Double Your Line Secured Visa Card, you can increase your credit line up to $400 without another deposit as long as you pay your monthly installments on time.
However, users of secured credit cards are charged high APR and annual fees by Merrick Bank. If you are looking for a credit card for your online purchases, you should consider applying for Merrick Bank’s Secured Visa cards, as they give users more purchasing power.
How to Register Your Merrick Bank Credit Card Online?
Do you want to access your credit card data online, such as transaction history and current balance? Well, in that case, you will have to register your Merrick Bank credit card online. Not sure how to do that? Follow the steps mentioned below:
- Open the website of the Merrick Bank Credit Card account.
- Locate the “Not Enrolled? Signup Now” option on the homepage. Click on it.
- Enter the details you have been asked for (credit card number, Date of Birth, and Last four digits of your SSN)
- After providing the required information, click on the “Next” option to proceed further.
- Enter your email address and mobile number into the fields in which they are required.
- Pick up your preferred username and set a strong password for your Merrick Bank Credit Card account.
How to Login to Your Merrick Bank Credit Card Account?
If you are trying to access your Merrick Bank credit card account through a desktop, you need to follow the steps mentioned below:
- Open the Merrick Bank homepage.
- Once you get to the online portal of Merrick Bank, you will see a place to sign up for your credit card account.
- Simply enter your Merrick Bank credit card login credentials.
- After entering your valid credentials, click on the “Login” button.
- You will be directed to your Merrick Bank credit card account, where you can view your credit card data, including transaction history, current balance, and much more.
- If you don’t want to enter your credentials again and again, you can click on the “Remember Me” checkbox to save your details.
However, you must ensure that the desktop you use to access your Merrick Bank credit card account is your personal device. You must never click on that box when using a shared device or public WiFi.
Through Mobile or Tablet
If you want to access your account through your mobile or tablet, you need to follow the steps mentioned below:
- Download the Merrick Bank mobile application on your Apple or android device.
- Once you have downloaded the mobile application of Merrick Bank, you can log in to your account by entering your username and password.
How to Make your Merrick Bank Credit Card Payments?
Merrick Bank offers several payment options to make it easier for cardholders to pay their credit card bill on time. Not sure which payment methods are those? Here are a few methods to pay your Merrick Bank credit card bill.
Online Mode of Payment
Have you registered your credit card online? If yes, you can easily pay your credit card bill through a desktop or mobile phone. Follow the steps mentioned below:
- If you want to pay the bill through a desktop, visit the Merrick Bank website to log in to your cardholder center account.
- Click on the “Pay Bill” option from the menu.
- Select “Make One-Time Payment” and follow the prompts to complete your payment.
- If you want to pay your bill through mobile or tablet, download Merrick Bank mobile app.
- Log in to your account to pay your credit card bill.
Paying By Phone
If you have not registered your credit card online, you can also pay your Merrick Bank credit card bill by calling (800) 204-5936. One of Merrick Bank’s customer support agents or automated systems will process your payment using your bank account or debit card.
Paying By Mail
If you want to pay your Merrick Bank Credit Card bill through the mail, you need to follow the steps mentioned below:
- Write a check or money order for the payable amount, and don’t forget to add a payment coupon.
- Mail the payment to the following address (Merrick Bank | P.O. Box 660702 | Dallas, TX 75266-0702).
How to Contact Merrick Bank Credit Card Customer Service?
Like other credit cards, there are many issues that you might face with your Merrick Bank credit cards. Well, in that case, it is best to take support from Merrick Bank Credit Card customer support service.
However, now you must be wondering how to contact them. Just dial 1-800-204-5936 or mail Merrick bank customer service at P.O. Box 9201 Old Bethpage, NY 11804-9001. Merrick Bank’s customer support agents will help you resolve your credit card issues in no time.
How to Cancel Your Merrick Bank Credit Card?
If, for any reason, you want to cancel your Merrick Bank credit card, there are two options – either make a call at (800) 204-5936 or write to Merrick Bank at Merrick Bank, P.O. Box 9201, Old Bethpage, NY 11804-9001.
However, before making a credit card cancellation request to Merrick Bank, you must pay down the outstanding balance if you have any on your credit card. By doing so, you will not be charged any further interest.