Regarding vehicle technology, performance, and fuel economy, Hyundai shines through as one of the top-notch brands.
However, despite outstanding fit and finish, an oil change is integral as it ensures the engine’s functionality and lifespan.
An unnecessary delay in the oil change can cause oil to break down into sludge, which can put your engine at risk.
People often think oil changing is freaking expensive, but what do you think – is it true?
Let we tell you – as far as Hyundai’s oil change cost is concerned, on average, the price falls between $30 to $80, but it fluctuates depending on oil choice – conventional or synthetic oil.
This article includes a detailed discussion on Hyundai oil change importance, oil change cost, and frequency.
- Oil change price varies in different models of Hyundai; additionally, oil type, location, and filter cost also affect the oil changing cost.
- Hyundai Santa Fe oil changes cost between $188 and $204.
- Hyundai Elantra’s oil change cost is between $116 to $130, including parts and labor costs.
- An oil change for a Hyundai Sonata costs about $104, which includes $33 for parts and $71 for labor.
- Synthetic oil is more valuable than conventional oil but far more expensive.
- Contacting a Hyundai company, manual, or expert auto shop for oil changing services is a wise decision.
How Much Does an Oil Change for a Hyundai Cost?
Oil lubricates the engine, reduces friction, and keeps the car’s operation running smoothly. The price of changing oil is less than facing the devastating consequences of oil change failure.
Therefore, oil change cost is a must investment to any driver’s budget. Though $30 to $80 is the average oil change price.
Remember, multiple factors can vary the price, which a car owner should be aware of before visiting a local repair shop.
Below is the average cost of Hyundai’s most popular models: the Elantra, the Sonata, and the Santa Fe.
|Model||RepairPal Estimate||KBB Estimate|
|Elantra||$232 to $243||$46 to $64|
|Santa Fe||$195 to $208||$56 to $76|
|Sonata||$237 to $249||$54 to $74|
Due to several factors, the oil changes prices have huge variances – some basic factors are
1. Hyundai Service Center Vs. Repair Shop
Taking Hyundai to a Hyundai service center holds countless benefits; at the top, they specialize in this vehicle and its parts.
Hence, compared to repair shops, they can handle your car far better, but it will likely cost more than taking an automobile to your local mechanic.
2. Synthetic Motor Oil
Synthetic oil is expensive compared to conventional oil; it can flip up the oil change bill. Quaker State brings advanced protection and ample economic benefits; it is Hyundai’s recommended aftermarket oil.
3. Oil Filter Cost
When you change the car oil, a new filter is often required. Like oil, the filter’s price also fluctuates due to brand and quality. This way, it impacts the overall service cost.
Typically, two other value components that calculate the oil change price are labor and parts costs. Take the Elantra—The Hyundai Elantra’s oil change cost is between $116 to $130.
The parts price is between $69 and $70, but the labor costs are anticipated to be between $48 and $60.
This oil changing price doesn’t include additional fees and taxes; even the price of a unique location is also not included.
The average cost for a Hyundai Sonata Oil Change is around $104, including $71 for labor and $33 for parts.
Why Are Regular Oil Changes So Important?
A vehicle’s oil is like blood in the human body, so it should be pure and clean enough to make it run smoothly.
This important fluid extends the car’s life – when exposed to dust, it becomes contaminated and reduces its lubricating properties.
Perks Of Oil Changing
Investing the money to get oil changes can save lots in the long run, and in addition, it offers the following perks:
- Improved gas mileage
- Reduce harmful emissions
- Better engine performance
- Increase engine life
Identifying Oil Frequency
Many people need to learn when to change Hyundai oil because unnecessary delays will lead to poor performance of the engine.
How often you change the Hyundai car oil depends upon the vehicle type you own, but sometimes, when your car covers around every 7,500 – 10,000 miles, its oil needs to be changed.
If your driving conditions frequently match the given situations, your frequency of oil should be more:
- Extensive drive on dusty, rough, or muddy roads blows more dust toward the vehicle.
- Long driving in mountains and other rocky areas.
- Areas packed with corrosive materials and salt increase the intensity of oil impurification.
- Low-speed operation or extended periods of idling.
- Prolong ride in cold temperatures and extreme humidity.
- Driving more in above 90-degree weather or heavy traffic areas.
- Off-roading, commercial use, racing, and heavy towing also leads to Hyundai’s oil changes more frequently.
Hyundai Oil Change Frequency Tips
- If you don’t know much about your car’s important technical details, you are probably unaware of the recommended oil and how frequently it needs to change. To overcome this worry consult a manual to determine whether you need conventional or synthetic oil. Synthetic oil is expensive, but it doesn’t need frequent changes.
- If you drive less, even then, you need to change the oil after six months because the car’s oil begins to break down with time.
- Once you determine the Hyundai oil change frequency, consult the technician to replace your oil filter.
How It’s Done:
It is preferable to visit the experts for the oil change, but the common process is as follows:
- Remove the contaminated engine oil and filter and replace it with the new one.
- Check the fluid condition.
- Inspect the car’s basic safety measurements.
- Start the car and assess if there is any leak in the system.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Are Oil Changes More Expensive For Hyundai?
If we compare Hyundai oil change with other KBB expenses, Hyundai costs less. Similarly, if we come to maintenance, Hyundai again falls on the less-expensive side—the major reason is its affordable components compared to other car brands.
Your chosen oil type plays a great role in identifying where your oil-changing cost falls. Synthetic oil costs more, but it is highly recommended for newer Hyundais. Conventional oil features less price but doesn’t equip with the perks of synthetic oil.
2. How Often Should A Hyundai Get An Oil Change?
It is a general recommendation to change the car’s oil every 3,000 miles, but the case varies for Hyundais.
Hyundais drivers are supposed to change the oil after every 6,000 to 7,500 miles, but if your driving style chases any of the given criteria, you should try to change it after every 4,500 miles:
- Overuse of brakes
- Excessive short-distance trips
- Rough and rash driving
- Driving on muddy paths or mountainous roads
- Prolonged driving in cold temperatures
Your car manual also includes suggestions for oil grade viscosity, so remember to consult for optimal results.
3. How Much Does the Hyundai Santa Fe Oil Change Cost?
An oil change for a Hyundai Santa Fe typically costs between $188 and $204. While parts cost between $144 and $148, operating expenses (labor cost) are predicted to range between $44 and $56, excluding taxes and other fees.
4. Can You Go Two Years Without Changing Your Car’s Oil?
Remember that most manufacturers advise getting an oil change twice a year. That’s correct; you must still have your oil changed every six months, even if you’ve only traveled 1,000 miles since your previous oil change.
Engine oil is the engine’s lifeblood that lubricates the engine parts to function appropriately. Inadequate lubrication will increase the car components’ wear and tear, pushing toward massive disaster.
If the oil filter is not replaced, the dust will clog it, the oil will not pass to the engine, and you will encounter car malfunctioning.
Hence, oil changing keeps the oil clean, free it from debris, and increases the car’s working life. The oil changing prices fluctuate depending on the market conditions, location, and the vehicle’s specific requirements.
The type of oil, car parts cost and labor cost also define the oil changing cost; typically, the Hyundai Elantra oil change cost is between $116 and $130, but for more detail, you can get into this blog post.