What are Apple pay and apple pay card?
Apple pay is the name of a system built-in iPhone 6 and all later versions. It’s a mobile payment system that can be used to make payments for purchases.
This system is only functional on devices manufactured by Apple Inc. These devices include iPhone, iPad, MAC, iPad, etc. Originally, it was launched in the United States. However, today it’s available in many other countries of the world.
Apple pay card is a credit card connected with Apple pay. This card can be used as a normal card at any place where a visa/master card is accepted. Order this card is simple and straightforward; it can be ordered using the cash card tab in the Apple cash app.
Difference between Apple pay, Apple cash, and Apple card
An Apple card is a physical credit card with certain perks like no interest rate and cashback. At the same time, Apple cash and Apple pay are two applications launched by Apple to make online payments easier for Apple users.
Apple pay is an intangible payment platform for storing money and making secure transactions either online or physically in grocery stores, vending machines, taxi drivers, and users.
Apple cash is also a digital transaction application with the distinguishable feature to incur transactions through ‘messages’. This means you can send or receive money as easily as you send and receive text messages.
Payments from Apple cash are made through the free debit card, ‘Apple cash card’ available on the app and already included in the Apple Wallet.
Apple Wallet is your wallet in your iPhone or Apple watch where you can keep all these financing tools, i.e. apple card, apple cash card, traditional credit card, driver’s license, state ID etc., in one place.
Apple cash can be linked with Apple pay by verifying the Apple cash card. The process of this verification will be explained further.
Procedure for Apple cash card verification with Apple pay
This verification aims to allow you access to your money both in Apple pay and Apple cash simultaneously when making a transaction. There are two ways to go about this:
- Registering an Apple cash card with Apple pay through the Apple cash app.
- Registering an Apple cash card with Apply pay through the Apple pay wallet.
Through Apple Cash
You can either follow the below steps or contact the Cash App Support Team for verification.
- Open the Apple cash app on your iPhone, iPad, or Apple watch.
- Go to the ‘Card tab’ from the app’s home screen.
- Select the image of the Apple cash card.
- Select ‘Add to Apple Pay from the menu that will appear.
- Click on ‘Next’ if you agree to the terms and conditions.
- Choose ‘Yes’ to set Apple cash card as default on Apple pay or ‘No’ if not preferable.
- A confirmation message saying ‘Your cash app card has been added to Apple pay’ will be received on Apple cash and Apple pay.
Through Apple wallet
- Open the Apple Wallet app on your iPhone, iPad, or Apple watch.
- Go to the ‘+’ symbol present on the top right corner of your screen.
- Select ‘Add credit or Debit card’.
- Take a picture of your cash card OR enter the card’s number manually.
- Follow the remaining steps until confirmation is received.
- Go to Apple Wallet again and look for the cash card to confirm successful verification.
Following are some benefits of verifying the Apple cash card for Apple pay.
- Connecting Apple cash with Apple pay will allow you to diversify your payment options, saving you from embarrassment at a store that comes from the message ‘insufficient balance’ on the card reader. After this simple verification procedure, you can put your money in more than one place and you can easily transfer money from Apple cash to Apple pay and vice versa.
- Moreover, it eliminates the need to carry your physical credit or debit cards everywhere, again saving you from the nightmare of forgetting your wallet or cards at home. You’ll just have to carry your Apple device to perform hassle-free, secure, and convenient payments in the 85% of stores where Apple pay is accepted.
- Apple cash and Apple pay provide greater security than any other medium as Apple pay gives a unique, device-specific number to the Apple cash card which is neither stored on Apple servers or your device nor shared with merchants.
- Convenience and safety are two more pros of handling payments through Apple cash and Apple pay as you can shop from the comfort of your home, but even if you shop outside, there is no such need for touching terminals, ATMs, cash, or cards.
So, make sure to benefit from Apple’s amazing features by following the steps mentioned above. If verification is not confirmed for the first time, you can remove the cash card from your Apple wallet and try again. If the problem persists, it is advisable to contact the Apple help center.
Apple is the game-changer in the world of electronic devices and software and so it has been designated as the most valuable company since 2010.
Established in 1976, today Apple is ranked as the second-largest manufacturer of mobile phones and the fourth-largest personal computer vendor globally.
Apple’s success is credited to many factors. Still, the main reason for its mind-blowing popularity is the sleek design, sophisticated technology, simplicity to use, and unbeatable performance of its products that make a customer want to buy again and again.
Apple competes with the strongest competitors like Microsoft, IBM, Google, Amazon, Samsung, Dell, HP, etc.
Apple has become an all-in-one for its customers by launching its diverse product lines ranging from smartphones (iPhone), Personal computers and laptops (Macintosh), tablets (iPad), and software (iOS) to wearable and home accessories (Apple Watch and Apple TV).
But that is not all; its competitive advantage exceeds its services, including online shopping through the Apple store, digital content services through Apple Music, iTunes, Apple News, Apple Fitness, and online payments using Apple pay, Apple cash, Apple card, etc Apple wallet and much more.
Apple users here would be well aware of the difference between Apple card, Apple cash, and Apple pay but let me brief them for those not familiar.
Apple has developed an ecosystem to make flexible payments with authenticity. There are different features of the Apple ecosystem that include Apple pay, Apple cash, and an Apple card.
Apple pay is the name of the system/app that enables iPhone products to make flexible payments. It’s a built-in app on the Apple device and is used as a way to make a safe and secure payment. Similarly, Apple cash is a way to spend money through messages which is easy to operate.
On the other hand, Apple also provides a physical card that can be used on making purchases and making other payments.
Frequently asked questions
Can we use an Apple card for a purchase from Amazon?
Yes, an Apple card can be used to purchase from Amazon. The procedure for using the card is the same as any other visa or master card.
The information for the card can be obtained from the iPhone wallet; the information includes the card number, expiry date, code etc.
Can we use Apple pay at an ATM?
Apple pay can be used at cardless ATMs. Bank of America, Wells Fargo, and Chase offer such ATM services. These ATMs use NFC payment technology that is used in data transfers without wire.
What are the problems with using the Apple payment ecosystem?
The biggest problem with the Apple ecosystem is that these applications can only be used on iPhone devices. Further, it’s more complex and complicated to use the features for Apple.