Designing a customized personal check or printing business checks in batches in-house is possible through check printing software. It saves you time and offers flexibility.
Let us discuss what is check printing software and which ones are our top 5 software for online check printing.
What is a Check Printing Software?
Check writing software allows you to write and print checks digitally. You need to input information to be printed on the check and then print it immediately.
Online check writing tools allow you to send electronic checks as well. It means you can create a digital copy of the check and email it to someone immediately without ever needing to print it.
Check writing software allows automation of check writing and printing processes. You can print blank checks in batches without waiting for the bank’s approval.
Digital check writing tools can be useful for personal and business uses equally. Particularly, if you want to use electronic checks for payroll processing or arrange in-house check printing.
Paper Checks v Online Check Printing
Writing paper checks is a conventional way and it is time-consuming. You’ll need to get a printed checkbook from your bank first.
Online check printing is immediate and you don’t need to wait for a check delivery from the bank. You can print customized or standard personal checks, business checks, and cashier’s checks as needed.
Although online check printing is costly, you can scale down the costs if you’re printing more checks in batches. It is also useful for businesses with digital check requirements for payroll processing.
Top Software to Write a Check Online
Most check printing software will require special accessories like a special printer, check stock paper, and magnetic ink. Therefore, you should carefully review these prerequisites for each software before purchasing one.
Online Check Writer
“Online Check Writer” is an established name when it comes to check writing and printing online. It has over 250,000 customers and it serves both individual and business clients.
“Online Check Writer” is also the official partner of Bank of America. It serves banks, large companies, corporations, and government entities too.
This software is an ideal choice for both digital check writing and check printing purposes. You can send electronic checks using this software digitally and print them at the same time.
Some key features of the “online check writer” software include:
- Offers digital paper writing and check printing.
- Integrates with over 22,000 accounting software from banks and systems like QuickBooks, Xero, etc.
- Installable on Windows and Mac systems.
- Useful features for small businesses like invoicing and reporting.
- Unlimited number of check printing with each plan.
“Online Check Writer” comes with different pricing plans. The basic one starts at $30 for a “pay as you go” plan.
The basic pricing plan for small businesses starts at $49.99 and the premium plan starts at $499 per month. All accounts can access the software with a free 25 days trial.
If you are looking for simple but efficient check writing software, Checkeeper is your go-to option. It offers the features of expensive software but comes with a simple and cheap pricing plan.
You don’t need a special printer, MCIR, or magnetic ink to print customized checks. You can do it with simple papers or check papers and a regular printer.
Checkeeper is a popular check writing software program with over 115,000 customers including small businesses. However, it serves large businesses and financial institutions too.
Here are some key features of Checkeeper software:
- One simple price plan starting at $14.49 per month.
- Works without check stock papers or special magnetic ink.
- Offers unlimited check printing with customization options.
- Integrates with leading accounting software including QuickBooks, FreshBooks, Xero, etc.
- Offers free access with a 14 days trial without a credit card plus a money-back guarantee within 30 days of plan activation.
Although Checkeeper is simple software it complies with the encryption standards set by leading institutes like HIIPA, PCI, and SOC II.
Clients can receive printed checks by mail for an additional $1.25 per check at their registered mailing address as well.
Check Builder Pro
Check Builder Pro was launched in 2010 specifically for Mac users. Since then, it has grown in popularity and become a popular choice for both Mac and Windows users.
This software allows customers a free demo account to test its basic features. Moreover, it does not come with a recurring monthly pricing plan but a one-time installation fee.
You can print an unlimited number of checks using this software and add customization like the company name, logo, and account title easily.
Some key features of the “Check Builder Pro” software include:
- It doesn’t require special check stock papers.
- It works with both Windows and Mac devices.
- Offers great features like bank reconciliation, receipt printing, transaction tracking, and custom reports.
- It offers a one-time pricing plan.
- It can store payee information for recurring check writing.
The installation price of this software is $59.99. So, it’s a great money saver for small and large businesses alike if you need regular check printing.
In short, you can use Check Builder Pro for all types of check writing and printing needs for personal checks, business checks, receipts, and cashier’s checks with customized information.
Print Checks Pro
Print Checks Pro is one of the best check writing and printing software in the market. It works well with desktop and smartphone devices equally. Thus, it offers greater flexibility with check printing as compared to others in the market.
Print Checks Pro offers unlimited check printing with customization options like adding a company logo, bank logo, or signatures.
Here are some key features of the “Print Checks Pro” software:
- It works with windows, Mac, IOS, and Android devices.
- You can use it on multiple devices with a single user account.
- It does not require a special printer and accessories.
- The company offers great customer support through email and phone.
- It comes with a single installation price.
The software costs you $29.99 for a single installation. Since you can use it on multiple devices, it saves you a lot of money as a small business owner.
If you want simple software for personal use or small business needs, Checksoft is a good option for you. It is developed by Avanquest software development company.
Checksoft is a good option for writing personal checks, business checks, receipts, and cashier’s checks online. You can use it for check printing without needing a special printer as well.
Here are some key features of Checksoft software:
- It comes with a one-time installation plan.
- It is compatible with QuickBooks and Quicken.
- You can choose from over 1,000 backgrounds for check printing.
- It stores the payee’s information for reuse.
- You can use it to reconcile bank statements, scheduling, and payment tracking.
Checksoft offers a 60-day money-back guarantee and it costs $109.90 per installation. It supports only Windows computer systems only and currently doesn’t support Mac devices.
This software is US bank standards compliant and you can use it for online check writing and printing with over 100 check templates easily.